And by household I mean my husband’s favorite! Chocolate Kissed Peanut Butter No Bakes
These no bake, gluten free, flour-less nutty cookies are a super easy treat to make. Loaded with Omega 6 and Omega 3′s fatty acids, manganese, cooper, potassium, iron, a moderate amount of Vitamin A and free-radical fighting phytonutrients, they are beneficial to heart health, bone and teeth health, vision health, and have extensive anti-inflammatory benefits. Mmm… yummy treats with benefits = warm fuzzy feelings!
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup All Natural Peanut Butter (unsalted and smooth)
- 5 Medjool Dates
- 15g (or 16 chips) Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (60% cacao or more)
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Food processor
- A pinch of restraint, these are healthy, but they are a treat.
How to make the magic happen:
- Place walnuts in food processor and pulse until lightly chopped
- Deseed and slice dates into small pieces and place in food processor
- Add a dash of sea salt and process until mixed
- Add peanut butter and process until slightly mixed and incorporated (stop and scrape if necessary)
- Add the chocolate chips pulse and process until all is well mixed and doughy : a bit sticky, a bit crumbly, a bit creamy.
- Line a baking sheet or large dish with wax paper (may use parchment or plastic)
- Press the mixture together into a large ball
- Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop out into small balls
- Use a fork to slightly press them down using a criss cross pattern to make them look like traditional peanut butter cookies
- Cover and freeze for approximately an hour or until firmly set
- Store in freezer or fridge
- This recipe yields approximately 8 tablespoon size cookies (easily double the recipe for more)
- And please, do enjoy!
From my G’licious corner to yours, enjoy, share and be merry!
Nutritional Info per serving: