Now let’s face it, we are busy! So why not make our live’s a little easier when we can?
There are things that just come in handy in the kitchen and can make your life easier. And I’m not talking about a genie lamp, though that would be nice! Today Im sharing 5 things that I consider handy dandy in my G’licious fridge. Whether you are working on a big recipe, need to whip up breakfast for your busy family, or need a quick afternoon snack for yourself; these 5 fridge items can be your friends.
5 Things For Your G’Licious Fridge
- Eggs – they call it the incredible, edible egg for a reason. From hard boiled to omelettes and frittatas, to being an ingredient in many recipes, and packed with protein and lutein, eggs definitely make good assistants!
- Plain (non-fat, no-sugar) Greek Yogurt – can be sweet or savory, can be eaten on it’s own, used in a dip, used as a thickening agent, used as a topping. Extremely versatile, low in fat and sugar, packed with protein and calcium, make it a winner on this list.
- Unsweetened Soy Milk – another versatile item that can be used in smoothies, in batters, or simply enjoyed with your cup of Joe. If you have an intolerance to soy, opt for unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
- All Natural Almond Butter and All Natural Peanut Butter – I use these often in no-bake recipes, as a topping, or even by themselves to control cravings. High in omega 6s, protein, and satiation these also top the cake
- Plenty of Different Color Veggies – Now, do I really have to explain this one? A salad with a hard boiled egg is an easy, quick, healthy meal any time of the day. Some cut up veggies you can dip in Greek Yogurt can be a nimble and simple nutritious yet low calorie snack.
From My G’licious Corner to Yours; Have a bountiful day full of flavor and health!